6.06.2012

Stonewall Regatta 2012

My friend, Rachel, is very involved in the Washington DC rowing community and asked if I would cover the 19th annual Stonewall Regatta on the Anacostia River.  I've never photographed rowing before, so I found this to be a great new challenge.  I spent years shooting high school sports, so I jumped at the opportunity to spend my day near the water.

Maybe it's the nature of the sport that attracts really nice people.  Maybe it's the fact that it was first thing on a Sunday morning and everyone was still sleepy.  But it was great to see a friendly competition and people working together and working hard.  Maybe I should try it one day!




 I'd love for you to LIKE me on Facebook or visit my website!


1 comment:

  1. Rachel Freedman, DC Strokes comp cox/ novice coachJune 6, 2012 at 4:43 PM

    These look great, Beth! I really love your use of shallow depth of field, and you achieve some great color and detail in every shot! I like the side view of CRC's men's 8 – looks like you shot that from the walking bridge, which is a brand new perspective for us!

    ReplyDelete